Ideal for current Resolve users, this class features all advanced and hidden features of Davinci Resolve V12 that will turn you into a power user. These classes are normally capped at eight-ten students with each person getting a workstation. We start the class by looking at color correction in general and how to achieve the best image quality. We will teach techniques and technologies like RAW and UHD and workflow tips that colourist encounter in real life environments. We will work through the project from start to finish, using Resolve V12 and general colorist strategies to get the job finished. Students are also encouraged to bring their own material so the instructor together with the students can grade and discuss the different formats and challenges.
- How we perceive and react to colour
- Digital Cinematography Fundamentals: RGB, Gamma, Colour Spaces
- The truth about resolution, bit depth and dynamic range
- Getting different RAW camera formats into the Resolve
- A complete workflow using advanced techniques on supplied material
- XML/AAF from FCP/Premiere/Avid. How to Round-trip successfully.
- Bring in audio, sync and compare the conform with the offline reference movie.
- Swap to the RAW camera files.
- Primary grading. Working with LOG footage
- Look creation. How to develop a look and preview options with the client
- Advanced secondary grading, keying, window tracking and keyframing.
- Advanced Nodes and techniques: Parallel, Layer, Blending modes, Combiner/Splitter
- Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media.
- Dynamic Speed Changes / Motion Blur
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- Finish Render out to 709 / DCP
- Working in UHD and achieving real-time playback
- How to work with clients
- How to develop looks and collaborate with DOPs and DITs
- Working with colour managed workflow
6-7 Sep 2017
Instructor: Warren Eagles