Color Managed Workflow – Remote Classroom March 2021
- This course is actually all about learning how to make beautiful looks. Ultimately, you will learn a set of techniques for a look design. But before we can make that happen we need to learn all about Color Management.
With this course, we have created comprehensive training on the subject of digital color processing. This subject includes the whole process of image creation, from the camera to the end-user display device.
Once you learn how to get the most out of modern digital camera sensors, you will be able to take full control over your image. We will teach you how to create a whole spectrum of looks and how to emulate a variety of historic film stocks while working in SDR, HDR or ACES.
At the end of this four-day training, you will not only have full insider knowledge and techniques but will also gain full practical experience of how to use them.
Color Managed Workflow training was originally developed with the support of the British Film Institute and since it has established itself as a standard for modern Film and TV professionals working on top shows for Netflix, Amazon, and HBO.
We recommend it to
- Cinematographers wanting to explore the possibilities that digital cinematography opens, and that go far beyond traditional techniques thought at film schools.
- DITs wanting to advance their career beyond data management tasks.
- Filmmakers who want to learn all about color and the possibilities they have.
- Colorists wanting to expand their knowledge and learn how to work like a pro and be able to design some of the most beautiful looks in SDR, HDR, and ACES.
Here’s how it works: Students will receive a PDF with the course info a few days prior to the class. After each day’s 2-hour training session, you will be given assignments to complete prior to the next day’s class. A few hours after the course runs, that day’s recorded session will be available to stream so that you can re-watch the lesson to aid in completing your daily assignment. These videos will be available to stream for 20 days after the course ends. You will be sent a link to join a private Facebook group where you will collaborate online with Dado and your fellow classmates throughout the run of the course. All attendees will be given practice media, LUTs, and Colourlab Plugins.
DAY 1 – Camera Profiling and Show LUT setup
How to read Waveforms, Vectorscopes, and Histograms
Camera Test Measurement
Calibrate Camera Using Color Checker Chart
Show LUT shaping techniques
Making and testing LUT
DAY 2 – Designing Color Pipeline
Simple Color Managed Workflow
Advanced Color Managed Workflow
Color Managed Workflow using ACES
SDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma
Graded Archival Master
Recreating masters from GAM
DAY 3 – Davinci Resolve 17 and RCM2 (Resolve Color management 2)
Setting up RCM 2
Using Davinci Wide Gamut
Using Color Space Aware Grading Tools
HDR to SDR round-tripping
Working with Graphics
Show LUTs and Davinci Wide Gamut
DAY 4 – Look Design
Film Stock Emulation
Cross process on Kodak Vision 3
90’s Action Film Look
Orange and Teal
Northern Flat look